There ARE fakers out there, but if you use this technology right, YOU can be the genuine article. Something real will always stand out next to something fake. You know the difference when you see it and so do your clients.
That said, there is also great value in it because:
1) If you catch the photos as they come in and perform fast address validation on them, you can identify problems swiftly and resolve them. The program lets you easily compare the distance of the GPS information in the photo with the GPS location of the address and look for variances in the distance. Anomalies can be discussed with the process server and notes made on them right away. This is done before it is even accepted into the system.
2) In LD, the photos are prominently watermarked also with the GPS information. Someone may be able to edit the EXIF information invisibly, but they will have a hard time with the watermark.
3) The feasibility analysis can be done every day. Looking mathematically in chronological order between each stop, the program measures the speed between the points. If somehting happens too fast, it turns red and you can start asking questions.
4) The feasibility analysis also graphically puts each stop on a map in the order they were done and connects them together so you can put your eyes on the run and make sure it looks ok also.
5) I probably don't have to tell you how much time you save from this. The process server just entered in everything you need to print the affidavit! All you have to do now is Approve it and if you set up the automatic billing, that is done for you. Now you just print the Affidavit and the Invoice and have it waiting for the process server to sign when they come in. That is a big change from servers dropping off their workorders and then coming back the next day to sign them AFTER you spent time typing in all the information. You save a day getting stuff back to your clients faster and you save the labor that your office staff spends typing them up.
6) The biggest value is giving a presentation on this to a prospective client. If you get 5 minutes in front of that client and show them your agency runs this way. You will be leaving a very strong impression.
LEARN AND USE THIS GPS AS A COMPETITIVE EDGE. YOUR COMPETITION MAY BE SOFT IN THIS AREA. Some law firms are demanding you take a photo, but nobody is going around showing how they can use this data to ptotect themselves and their clients.
Except you. Do this.